Monday, August 22, 2011

Our flight

We have just under 4 hours to go of this 15 hour flight. As much as I batted my eyes, told that we are adopting, and talking about my bad back, no one bumped us up to business class. (the flight is major full) We are in the smaller cabin for One Pass customers so it feels less cattle like. We do not have to deal with bathroom lines next to our seat. As soon as the seats started to recline, it felt much more tight. The entertainment has kept me going. Touch screen gives you tons of movies, music, games and since I never get to the movies, I have been catching up. It will be interesting sitting like this on the way home with a baby in lap. Maybe a fairy with grant us wishes and put us in business class. Prob not, I think that some movie advertised.....

My back IS out. Went to doctor day before leaving. It is holding up with lots of Advil and not the big stuff they hooked me up with. My next door neighbor, Joann, treated Howard and I to drink vouchers. So drinks with lunch! I have to say lunch was not horrid and neither was the light meal.

Mid flight I got out a little journal and started it with some thoughts. Didn't get far before I was crying. Have not cried since Thuys funeral. Just got very overwhelmed. Amazing Howard sat in the dark feeding me tissues. It was nice to have that cry. And lucky for him, the guy next to me was asleep. Dad would have loved an adventure like this.

Shortly after a sweet flight attendant I has been talking to came by and asked Howard and I if we wanted some wine. When she brought it, she also brought truffles. Then a bit later she walked by and just left a little plate with pastries. She is my in-flight fairy god mother. Not sure if she saw me crying or remembered that my back was bothering. Either way, it was very sweet and the wine took the edge off.

I am very tired right now but cannot get comfortable to sleep. Slept a couple of cat naps.
Going to go try again.

I don't know what people want to read about but when I get time like this, I'll prob. ramble like I just did. So many of you are with me and in my thoughts. Can't wait to write about Xiao Yue! Xoxoxo

No comments: