Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our first day in Guangzhou - Saturday

We got up ahead of wake up call. While Teagan slept in we spent a long time putting away all our things and make e suite our home away from home (the tid bit will come into play later). We are staying at the China Hotel Marriott. We got a weekend special for first three nights. Room and breakfast with upgrade to suite. Come Monday, room goes up, no breakfast included or we have to change rooms. Well, NO WAY I'm leaving this room. Yes, it's that good. So breakfast costs $30. a person and I totally see why. Crazy amazing. Yes, just like some others said, I'll dream of this French toast for awhile. Insane.

Off to meet up with guide, two other families that are here adopting special needs children who also work with out agency. We met them and all went to the medical building. Score one for guide as we got there before the crazy line started. So we were in and out fast. Teagan did fine. She is 18 pounds! When we were done we went back to the White Swan hotel to sit and do paperwork for visas in lobby. It was busy so the one family offered their apartment there to hang. They have a three bedroom apartment! Massive! They are now a family of five kids, one nanny and two parents so they need the room.

After all of that we ate lunch with the other family, parents, adoptive daughter from six years ago and new son. We ate at the restaurant we were told about on the fifth floor above Jordon's store. All stairs but worth every one to climb. AMAZING chinese only food. Only had juice boxes and beer. Three massive plates of food, four forty ounce beers, rice less than $20. Such yummy lunch. We then went down to Jordon's store. He is a character, bought a few things, I'm sure we will go back.

Then we went back to hotel and the rest of the day deserves it's own blog post so I'll see you on the next section! Xoxoxox

Me and Teagan in front of bird cage. She loved watching them.

Teagan on the famous red couch at White Swan hotel waiting for group.

Teagan having a snack while doing the medical check.

Jordon doing his thing. He makes those papers with the kids name to draw you into the store. He is a character and a half.

3 comments:

Priscilla Hanzok said...

Is Teagan ALWAYS so happy??

Monique said...

Yeah, she kinda is unless a bottle is finished and needs to sleep.

Amy said...

OMG! I can't believe that I found you by this picture that I saw on Pintrest and pinned months ago!! I just happened to be going through pins tonight and clicked on this pic which took me to your blog. Imagine my surprise to see that it was yours :). I lost your email address once we got home and have been terribly upset by this. Please email me @ missamy_dancer@hotmail.com or find me on Facebook at Amy Aichele. Tom, Sophia, Emerson and myself miss you all terribly and would love to connect! :)