Sunday, August 28, 2011

It takes a Hanzok

For those who may not know me well, my maidan name is Hanzok. And those of you who know my family, I had to get all "Hanzok" on the hotel.

To try to make a long story short: when we got back to the hotel room to rest and nap in the afternoon there was a loud drilling sound right next to my beloved suite. OH NO! Howard called down to check on it and after awhile no one called back.

I got on the phone.

After a bit I had the head of guest services up to show me new rooms. It was construction that would be for a few weeks. It literally sounded like a dentists drill but very loud. I was none too happy that tired, sweaty us were going to have to pack and move. The first room she showed me was not going to cut it. I sent her back to try again. When she got back, I ok'ed the new suite. Not quite as big but I got a few things out of the deal.

I went from: suite with breakfast for one rate for three days and then much larger rate for four nights with no breakfast.

Now I have: suite with low rate all seven nights. Free breakfast all seven mornings. Executive floor privilege. I can take breakfast on the special floor. Business office usage, lounge has free drinks all day. Happy hour. We will check that out tonight. Not only drinks and wine but food. Guy said most people use it was dinner.

Oh yes, I rock. Was it a pain to move, yeah but worth it in the end. Much nicer view out window too. Oh yeah, and the hotel person also sent fruit and chocolates to the room......

Teagan trying the sugar doughnut at breakfast

1 comment:

Priscilla Hanzok said...

Loved the picture of Tagan in her bathing suit.