Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Busy Wednesday in Nanchang

Today we got a lot "accomplished". Our usual breakfast with Teagan charming people and eating a ton. There is a large group from Spain staying here and adopting. A few Americans as well. Teagan is one of the few doing solid foods but of course some of the babies are younger.

We hung out and waited for the notary to come. We understood that it is a big deal here, a notary and what they do. When she got here, we found out from Mary our guide that the young lady just came from Teagan's city. That was a four hour drive - in the pouring rain. I guess the area of Teagan's orphanage is the only area in this province that has to have a notary from that area handle paperwork. Everything was fast. We joked because now she had the rest of the day in the city to do some things before heading back.

Mary then took us to a restaurant for lunch. It was family style. A lot of restaurants here you go to an area, see the different dishes and order. Then fresh orders of the dishes come to the table. It was bar none the very best food I have had in a long time. I was with Teagan but Howard went with her to order. They did a great job! At the restaurant I used my first "squaty potty". Too much info for some of you but this is a big deal. Not my favorite way to go and I was nervous I would have to use one at some point on the trip. Here we were in this very nice restaurant and...... I did fine. It was like camping.

Mary was a trooper and took us to People Park. A large Central Park type area. It was raining but very nice to walk and see the sights. It is a really nice area. Because it was raining there were not many people out. When we left the park we walked down the street and I popped into a kids shoe store. I felt bad poor Teagan did not have any shoes. She loves to be on her feet and walk with assistance. We got her two cute pairs at about $6.60 each. Now she won't look so odd trying to walk around lobby with just socks.

Then Mary really earned her day and got me to some porcelain shops. We ended up at one and luckily Teagan was sleeping and Howard found a chair. The shop owner followed Mary and I around and quoted the prices. I got her a cute little tea set. Very small, didn't want to schlep huge weight around. I also got a little item for us and some other things. It was the one thing I wanted to buy here for her. I feel like that is done.

A big full day. Even with all the rain. Good morning to all of you back home.

Howard and Teagan in park

Teagan checking out new shoes

Big girl in the big chair

6 comments:

Priscilla Hanzok said...

Strange to see Teagan in long pants and a sweater. I thought that it was going to be 110 degrees over there. Loved hearing about your day yesterday. Always love the pictures.

Unknown said...

I smiled about the shoes. Just yesterday I found the pair of shoes I bought for my daughter while in Taipei when we adopted her four years ago this week. Tiny pink sandals.

Keep the shoes. Someday she'll be amazed at how small her feet were.

Jami Butler said...

Your baby is beautiful!! I am waiting for a referral - LID 8/20/06, and living vicariously through the blogs of others. Thanks for sharing! I'll be watching as your trip progresses.

Jami Butler - Cairo, GA, USA

Debbie Sauer said...

She is precious!! Blessings

Krista said...

I have a picture of me and Mia under that same pagoda. The memories it brings back. Oh how I miss that time in China. It really is magical.

Sounds like you're all doing well and Teagan is adjusting. Glad you got her some porcelain. My Nanchang porcelain is probably my favorite souvenier from the trip. Have fun!

miles2mia from RQ

karen said...

wondering about your return trip. guess you'll be delayed?