Saturday, June 04, 2011

a lovely "virtual" community

I want to make a minute to thank a very special "virtual" community that I have become a part of. I have already mentioned the site China Adopt Talk. There are threads of conversation that cover everything from adoption - zoos and all in-between. They have been a great source of information and support these last few months. I want to share with you the type of support I have been given recently:

Who is still waiting for their referral?  I know Monique is waiting, anyone else?  I think this would be a great thread for encouragement for all the families still waiting for their babies.  Let's bump this thread up often...we don't want any June babies to be forgotten until they all come home!!   We're pulling for you and holding our breath right along with you!!  Feel free to update us and vent here as well!!

The other day my big girls noticed we had not taken down our beads/ counting off LID's we had 5 still hung up, and we are home with our baby. I told them we would leave them up till ALL of June has their referals, so those beads can just hang there a little longer while we wait for your baby then. It will happen.


These are the types of comments that warm my heart and keep me going. And there are so many, many more. Thank you all (esp. the Junies)....... from the bottom of my heart.

7 comments:

momwithfaithandhope said...

I found your blog on RQ. I was going to comment before, but wasn't sure if I should. After reading this post, I could lurk no longer. . .

We are still LID, but when we originally logged in we were told we'd be expedited for heritage. Had we been expedited our referral would have arrived years ago. I still remember the day I realized that our date was up, and I called our agency only to discover that they had received referrals, just not ours.

Just wanted to share that you're not alone. I've been there. And I too, am very grateful for the virtual community. Many of my bloggy pals have become real life friends.

Keep your spirits up, and I hope you hear news soon!!!

Dreamgirl said...

:) What a beautiful comment :)

Ms. J said...

I know you don't know me, and I rarely post on RQ site (though I did recently when she had series on Special Needs and I recounted our SN adoption from China)...but I wanted you to know that I, too, am thinking of your family, and sending thoughts of strength your way.

I won't try to pretend that I know what it's like to be you or have this type of wait or mindboggling frustration...but I am virtually sending support.

Anonymous said...

Linked over from RQ. Just wanted to send you a virtual hug. Hang in there. Lots of us are thinking of you!

Deb said...

I'm stalking your blog, hoping for good news for you. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I sure hope everything works out for the best.....and soon.

debk from RQ

Monique said...

Thank you all, no new news. You are al welcome to stalk me here anytime.... :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm stalking your blog as well. Hoping for good news for you soon xx

Vina on RQ